Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Motherholme

Some updates on my virtual presence, my digital existence, my eSelf, or keeping up with the times, my iSelf.

I just joined GoodReads, which is kinda like librarything, but it looks to be completely free. Feel free to friend me. Initially K. from my suite in Walton day's asked me to join, she's looking for suggestions for books to read. I asked my sister and J. to join, because I know they read a lot. (I asked N. to join, but I don't think she's interested, it has however sparked some interesting conversations about R.L. Stein, the Hardy Boys, Matthew Christopher, and the "girl" versions, like Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High, and so on)

I added over 200 books to goodreads... and that was in the initial two brainstorm mass additions to the site. I'm actually glad, because I had tried keeping track of the books I've read using a word document in the past, and I never kept it updated, maybe now I can catalog (I wanted to add a ue to the end of that) everything I've read. It's not to boast or really to network with anyone, but for personal interest. I'm curious what my eyes have looked at over the years.

I also tried to find World War Robot, after seeing that it was a web comic in this issue of Wired. I found a link to the site, but no web comic. I can buy a rather large and detailed toy of Bertie the robot, but, other than that, I get some glimpses of interesting art. I added Ashely Wood's blog to my reader, and tried subscribing to the info list. We'll see where that goes.

No comments: