Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kazamir

Power blogging!

N. and C.'s go to White Castle, or Birthday Bash '08

Haven't posted so I'll post a few. What else is new? Epic trip this weekend, N.'s birthday was this weekend, Saturday, and her friends usually throw a big birthday bash, because her, L. and P.'s birthdays are all around the same time, hence instead of a series of birthday parties, one big party.

Simple.

I agreed to go because she wanted me to (it's a really work centric weekend for me, two assignments and a take home exam. Also, really loud bars and lots of drinking, aren't really me anymore. After last New Year's Eve, and the New Year's Eve before, I've truly learned my lesson, and I'm not keen to make that mistake again.)

So, Friday I picked her up from West Fall's Church metro, which isn't far from her work stop, and we headed to Tyson's. She found a birthday shirt, went home, checked out BSG and crashed.

Saturday morning we got up early to leave (9ish to leave by 10ish) left by like 10:30am, immediately it starts pouring rain out. Nicki's battery is dead again, and she's parked in the "a$$cr@ck" parking spot, and someone is parked in the non-stop, so it's pretty tight, and I start pushing her car awkwardly in the rain so that we can get it in the middle of the parking lot, and I can jump it with my car.

randomly the people parked next to her come out, and offer to lend us a jump. Perfect.

We're rushing to get it done and the jumper cables are really short, so it's hard. In the rush either I, or the other guy mix our cables. Almost immediately the jumper cables start to smoke, and I realize what's going on, I rip the clamp off the battery (because I'm pretty sure more dangerous shit than melted plastic can happen) and the clamp comes clear of the cables all together in my hand. F%*^! So I tell the guy we'll figure it out because he doesn't have cables and there's nothing else we can do.

Drive to rite aid, get new cables, grab a bagel from the Einstein's (where we see the guy getting bagels) and head back, successful jump, time to go. Leave Md, stop in at home in NJ for a few hours (2hours 15 min approx travel time) I worked on my take home test, and then we left around 6:30pm for P.'s. Leave there to go to L.'s, then get a ride to the Path station, and ride into NYC. Head over to Proof.

Typical super loud, slightly gross bar, but the $30. open bar from 10:30pm to 1:30am isn't bad (until I order a rum and coke, and it's like rubbing alcohol) I wasn't have the best time ever, but I was fun. N. really enjoyed seeing her friends. 2am rolls around however and it's like time to go. That's around the time bars close in DC so that's like normal, except nobody wants to leave, except they tell us they are. So we wait, and wait, and deal with the drunks, and wait, and it's late, and wait, and we're tired, and wait. This is a three person bday party, and one of them wants to go, that means it's time. We're dependent on P. for a ride from L.'s house, so we can't really leave without her, much as we'd like to. Eventually we get them out of the bar, except P.'s drunk and doesn't want to leave, it's 3ish Am. We hail a cab, they don't get in. Cab leaves, I hail a cab (My first). I get N. and L. in the first. I hail a second (My second, ever) and I get in to babysit C. and P. because I know if I don't, they won't come back with us. We get to Path, and then wait until 4:45am for a train. It was ass cold, and I was the only one remotely dressed for it.

Finally get to L.'s house, sleep on a couch. Leave this morning, stop at white castle (i'll post pictures later) drive all the way back here.

Maybe I didn't capture the length of this journey, or it's crap factor. But it was intense. According to google maps, street to street it was 550 miles in two days, with sleep from 5am to 10am, and no showers.


And I still haven't even gotten to finish my take home test and homework for this week. Let's see if it's appreciated.

1 comment:

nicki said...

you know it's appreciated.