Tuesday, October 27, 2009

deutschland is spelled germany

Deutchland is - many things.

I'm currently in my "room" - I've been up since 3am, because that's when I got up to go to work.

My room is tiny. I turn slightly sideways when I need to sit sideways at the bathroom.

There are prostitutes living in the apartment next to my hotel. And their bar - I can see from my window. (Going rate is 40 euro, negotiable to 20 euro - or so the story the story filters back - from a native german, not from the area)

I have a cold. It started due to there being an irish cover band downstairs. people stayed up until 4am smoking - i didn't sleep and inhaled smoke all night. ive had smoky dirty snot since and a sore throat. not sleeping probably didn't help either.

Castles are cool and to be seen.

Churches, basilicas, and cathedrals are cool and to be seen.

Working out is always worth it. but causes pain and soreness.

German food is rich/high calorie and you must be careful when eating it.

Milk here is to be avoided if you have any issues when drinking milk. Including the yogurt probiotic drinks. The cold cappuccino drinks can be flirted with, but should also be avoided when possible.

the hurt locker was a really good movie. i watched it on the flight over (and a second time during the flight). I'll probably watch it a third time on my way home, if they have it. Can't stop thinking about it. The line when he's at home with his wife and son (the wife is kate from lost) sums up the point of my movie. really really good.

belgium is awesome.

not much else to say. everytime i do what i'm doing now on travel - i lose time. i don't know what day it is, what time it is, what month it is. i don't know any of the news. i leave, time goes on, and then i return and everything is just a little bit different. a season almost entirely lost. i spend more time with my coworkers than my loved ones. the tiny flaws you can usually ignore in people, it's all i can see now. the alone time i usually get - i don't get here.

time to eat something. at 430pm. not exactly dinner time.

1 comment:

nicki said...

i love that this is tagged to "milk." i missed you so much when you were gone.